Alaska offers unlimited natural beauty that attracts tourists and nature lovers from across the United States and beyond. From sweeping landscapes to glacier lakes, snow-capped mountains, and native wildlife species, Alaska is a true wonder. If you’re planning to move to Alaska, there is so much in store for you to enjoy. Without further ado, let’s jump straight to the top must-see tourist attractions in Alaska.
- Glaciers – Alaska is home to the most beautiful and extraordinary glaciers in the U.S. If you love natural adventure, you could spend hours exploring the many glaciers of Mendenhall, cruise to Colombia glacier, or float across to Portage glacier.
- Kenai Fjords National Park – The Fjords Park offers the best view for different sightseeing coverages such as the uninhabited coastline, wildlife, and panoramic images.
- Alaska Highway – The Iconic Alaska Highway was built during World War II and is popular among recreational vehicle travelers.
- Denali National Park – As the nation’s third-largest Park, Denali National Park is home to giant grizzly bears, elk, wolves, and other incredible wild animals.
- Iditarod National Historic Trail – If you’re moving to Alaska, Iditarod National Historic Trail is one of the most fantastic places you should consider visiting. It is the only national scenic trail in Alaska, initially used by ancient hunters before the gold prospectors took over.
- Anchorage – As one of the largest cities in the U.S, Anchorage is rated among the best places to live in Alaska. The city is popularly known for its mind-blowing cultural sites like the Alaska Native Heritage Center, which showcases stage dances, traditional crafts, and other diverse activities from the local indigenous groups.
- Glacier Bay National Park – Glacier Bay offers countless opportunities for inspiration and adventure. The park is considered a World Heritage Site covering over 3.3 million acres of dynamic glaciers, rugged mountains, and deep sheltered fjords.
- Wildlife – Alaska has a large wildlife population, including brown bears, wolves, foxes, caribou, beaver, moose, and more.
- Whale Watching – Alaska also offers limitless whale watching opportunities.
- Northern Lights – Living in Alaska will allow you to witness the legendry phenomenon of the Northern Lights. You can enjoy this magical tour from different spots, including Murphy Dome and Fairbanks.
Planning to Move to Alaska? We Can Help
The top Must See’s in Alaska mentioned above are just a few of what the state offers. So if you think you love Alaska and want not just to visit but live there, Golden North Van Lines can help you with your move. Please contact one of our trusted movers in Anchorage or Fairbanks to get started.