If you plan to move to Alaska, you may wonder if it’s worth shipping your car. The simple truth is that shipping your car may be more efficient and economical than driving. Furthermore, with the many complexities involved in moving, you may find it overwhelming to drive your vehicle to or from Alaska. That’s why it makes sense to hire a professional shipping company to help plan how to move your car to Alaska.
The many advantages of shipping your vehicle include convenience, reliability, saving time and money, and avoiding the wear and tear caused by driving thousands of miles. And depending on the weather conditions, it may be easier to ship than drive through the unconducive terrain.
What You Should Know Before Shipping Your Car To Alaska
Before shipping your car to Alaska, there are many important things to consider, including prepping your vehicle. You will need to:
- Collect proper documentation – Your shipping company will need your car documentation, including your driver’s license, title, and current registration.
- Wash your vehicle – When your shipper picks your vehicle, they will conduct an inspection to check for pre-existing damages. Therefore, washing your car is a good idea as it can help you identify any dents and dings before the move. This also makes it easy to identify dents caused during the move.
- Remove any valuables – While you can ship some personal valuables in your vehicle during shipment, it is important to discuss them with your shipping company beforehand. However, remember that you’ll pay extra for this.
- Plus, your auto insurance may not cover your personal items if they are damaged or lost. Items that you must remove from your vehicle include fire extinguishers, drugs, or firearms of any kind. Consult with your shipper if you’re unsure of specific items or valuables.
- Your gas tank must not be more than 1/4 full – Empty your gas tank and leave about ¼ tank of gas to enable the auto carrier driver to drive on and off the ship.
- Take photos – Taking photos of your car before shipment will serve as evidence to back your claim for any damages sustained during shipment.
Contact Golden North Van Lines for Assistance
If you’re looking for a trustworthy and reliable vehicle shipping company, turn to Golden North Van Lines for top-quality moving services. Whether you’re shipping heavy equipment, a motorcycle, SUV, or any other vehicle to Alaska, Golden North Van Lines is the company to count on. Fill out our contact form or call us now to speak to a professional mover.