Working With the Mover:
- Call Golden North Van Lines, agent for United to set a date for the agent to survey your home visually and prepare an estimate.
- If your company’s paying for your move, look through their moving policy to decide the services that the mover is going to be authorized to perform.
- Want to do some of the packing — or you need them done by our packers who’re experienced? Your agent would gladly discuss with you the packing services.
- Show the agent everything that is going to be moved. Items that you fail to disclose or that are later added to the shipment are going to increase the cost, even if you’ve been given a binding estimate.
- Read the “Your Rights and Responsibilities Manual” (for full-service moves) to make sure that you understand the carrier’s liability extent completely.
- Sign the Estimate/Order for Service after you’re sure you’ve got a clear understanding of each section. If you’ve got any inquiries, ask your agent to elaborate.
- Keep the name & phone number of your move coordinator or salesperson handy.