With an upcoming move, you may be looking for ways to make things a little easier on yourself and your budget. Moving is typically a stressful time for most people and the added strain caused by mislabeled boxes, moving costs, and other unforeseen circumstances is enough to tire anyone out. When you arrive at your new home or commercial space, you’ll want the ability to relax knowing that your unpacking can be done quickly and efficiently to get you back into your normal routine as easily as possible. We’ve put together a few moving tips that focus on packing made easy so that you can adequately prepare for your move beforehand. This will make the entire process much easier and give you peace of mind knowing that your belongings are safe, secure, and accounted for. At Golden North, our professional movers are always prepared to assist you with your move and help to streamline the process with start to finish services designed to remove the stress. Moving doesn’t have to be an overly difficult process, and with Golden North, it isn’t! Take a deep breath and check out these moving tips to give yourself a head start.
Make a Moving Checklist
Packing made easy means packing smart. Creating a moving checklist enables you to determine exactly what will be moved, where it will be during the process, and where it needs to go once you arrive at your new place.
- Itemize your belongings on a room-by-room basis to take stock of everything that is coming with you to your new home or office.
- Make a timeline for items to be packed depending on how often you use them. Pictures, home decor items, and other aesthetic pieces can go first, but more functional items should be left until last.
- Be sure to put essential items aside so they don’t get packed too early by mistake. You don’t want to go digging through boxes for a can opener!
- Use the right size box for what you are packing – don’t leave empty space in the box or else your items may be able to jostle around during transport.
- If you have empty spaces in your boxes where other items won’t fit, fill them with clothing, towels, sheets, and other soft items that can add a buffer and protection from damage.
Mark Your Boxes by Their Respective Rooms
Your move will go a lot more smoothly if you know where everything goes!
- Color-code boxes specific to each room so that you can easily identify where each one should go in your new space.
- Include details about the contents of each box on the label to make unpacking easy if you happen to need something right away.
- Be sure to secure your boxes with tape – losing the bottom while you’re carrying a box can be devastating if there are breakable or valuable items inside.
Plan Ahead for Large Items
If you have large items such as a piano or a heavy china cabinet, consider beforehand how they need to be moved. The same goes for anything oddly shaped, sentimental, or delicate.
- Pianos are often moved by professional piano movers, so you may be able to arrange shipment separate from the rest of your items.
- For smaller objects that won’t fit well into boxes, plan to take them in your car and make the necessary space for them to sit securely.
- Take important or sensitive documents with you instead of packing them away.
Get Support for Your Move With Golden North Van Lines
Golden North is a trusted professional moving company that can help to alleviate the stress of moving by handling all the hard work on your behalf. From packing and loading to shipping and placement in your new space, our team will always handle your items with care and respect and give you moving tips to help along the way. Contact us today for a detailed moving quote and we will handle the rest.