The opportunities for outdoor living in Anchorage, AK are vast, and there are many ways to ensure that you enjoy a “big wild life” while anchored in the rugged foothills of the Chugach Mountain landscape. For nature lovers, outdoor living in Anchorage, AK provides an endless alpine playground boasting the opportunity for new adventures every day. With almost 2,000 square miles contained within the city’s limits, there is a lot of land to cover, and water makes up 263.9 square miles to ensure that there are activities to suit everyone’s interests.
It isn’t uncommon for many of the city’s residents to spend copious amounts of time enjoying the outdoors – outdoor living in Anchorage, AK is what it’s all about! Summers are filled with over 20 hours per day of sunlight allowing outdoor enthusiasts the opportunity to engage in numerous activities, and wild alpine winters make skiing around Anchorage a highly popular sport. There is never a dull moment when you’re living in America’s final frontier!
Outdoor Activities in Anchorage
The list of things to do while outdoor living in Anchorage, AK is virtually endless, but these common activities provide everyone with thrilling adventures in landscapes so stunning that you really have to experience them firsthand to believe them.
- Fishing & Ice Fishing. The Anchorage area boasts numerous lakes and open water areas where you can attempt to make a big catch, and winter ice fishing in Anchorage is an unparalleled experience where you can really take in the peaceful silence of this vast area.
- Dog Sledding. If you’ve ever wanted to mush your own dog sled team, this is your chance. There are many local companies offering this unique experience to play with puppies and see what it’s like to command a sled with a team of faithful, energetic pups.
- Snowmobiling. As you can probably imagine, snowmobiling is quite popular in terms of outdoor living in Anchorage, AK. With endless miles of trails through thick forests and across frozen lakes, there’s just no limit to your outdoor adventure on a snowmobile.
- ATV Tours. Touring across the landscape on an ATV enables you to experience outdoor living in Anchorage, AK from a new perspective. Get ready to see sights you’ve never known and witness the majestic beauty of Anchorage from the comfort of an ATV.
- Wildlife Tours. Get to know nature’s secrets while exploring trails and searching for the unique wildlife that calls Alaska home. You’re guaranteed to see birds and animals alike at Kincaid Park, Point Woronzoff Road, or Campbell Creek Estuary Park.
- Hiking. There are countless hiking trails around Anchorage, but be sure to stay clear of the coastline. Explore natural areas all over the area – a short drive away, you can hike through Chugach State Park, one of the four largest state parks in the United States.
Golden North Van Lines is Ready to Support Your Move
Our team at Golden North Van Lines is here to support your move up north where you can make the most of outdoor living in Anchorage, AK. With many years of experience moving families all across the United States, we offer the services you need to ensure a safe, stress-free move every time. From packing and loading to secure transport, we provide protection for all of your belongings as you pack up your life and begin a new adventure. Outdoor living in Anchorage, AK is just around the corner, and Golden North Van Lines is ready to do the heavy lifting to make it happen. Contact us today to discuss your move to Anchorage and we’ll dispatch the truck.