Working With the Mover:
- It is your responsibility to see that all of your belongings are loaded, so stay on the premises up until loading’s done. After making a final tour of the house, check and sign the inventory. Get your copy from the van operator.
- Approve & sign the Freight Bill/the Bill of Lading. It states the terms & conditions under which your belongings are moved and is also your shipment receipt. Be sure to complete and sign the declared valuation statement.
- Complete & sign the High-Value Inventory form, regardless if extraordinary value items are included in the shipment or not. Also, you need to date and sign the box of “Extraordinary (Unusual) Value Article Declaration” on the Bill of Lading, if it’s applicable to your shipment.
- Ensure that the van operator has got the exact destination address. Ensure to inform the van operator on how you can be contacted and reached, which includes phone numbers, pending the arrival of your household belongings.
- Leave your phone connected during the day of moving. After the van leaves & you’re finishing up last-minute calls, ensure to pack the phone in one of your suitcases.
Take a Last Look Around:
- Have you left anything?
- Old house keys surrendered?
- Windows shut and locked?
- All utilities arranged for disconnection?
- Light switches turned off?
- Furnace shut off?
- Water shut off?