Working With the Mover:
- Please make sure you are available all day to accept your delivery. If you’re unable to personally be there, please appoint an adult to be your representative. Your representative will need to accept delivery on your behalf as well as pay any additional fees that may be required prior to delivery.
- The business day prior to delivery your relocation coordinator will reach out to you with the crew estimated arrival time window for your delivery. You or your representative must be at the delivery location prior to the delivery window. If crew arrives and no one is home standby fees could apply.
- Check thoroughly your household belongings as they’re unloaded. If there’s a change in the property’s condition from that noted on the inventory at the loading time or if there’s a missing item, note down discrepancies on the copy of the inventory sheet given by the van operator. Once you’ve signed the inventory sheet, you’re acknowledging receipt of every item listed. Personally, report any damage or loss to your move coordinator or salesperson.
- When unloading, each furniture piece will be positioned as per your direction, including arranging any beds disassembled at the origin & the laying of rugs. Light fixtures and/or appliances WON’T be installed. At an additional charge and at your request, your move coordinator or salesperson can organize this service.
- Delivery services include one-time placement of furniture and cartons. Please have an idea of where you would like your belongings designated as the crew isn’t obligated to re-arrange furniture or cartons once placement is made.
- By the entrance, put up a floor plan of your new home, which the movers can utilize to identify where each furniture piece should go.
- Keep all documents pertaining to your move in a safe place. You’ll need them for verification of moving expenses when you’re filing your federal income tax returns.
- To stop any possible damage, TV sets, other electronic equipment & major appliances shouldn’t be used for 24 hours post-delivery, which allows them time to adjust to room temperature.