Before your moving crew arrives, take a minute to review.
- Received confirmation of the date of the packing / loading crew will arrive?
- Given your Move Manager your arrival date at destination and a contact name and phone number(s) where you can be reached?
- Designated your “OFF LIMITS – NOT TO BE SHIPPED” area?
- Remove restricted articles or place them in your “OFF LIMITS” area.
- Prepare your “List of Important Items/Information” for packing/loading crew:
- Take care of my ,it is a family heirloom
- Don’t pack the baby’s diapers
- Please leave bed up until load day
- Please do not pack these cooking items (if you intend to cook or dine in)
- Don’t open this door, or my animals will get out
- Where will the hardware be for the dissembled items?
- I would like to review each page of the inventory as it is completed so I’m not rushed at the end of the day.
- Prepared electronic equipment for movement?
- Removed garage door opener from your car and given it to the buyer or Realtor?
- Flammables – nail polish, gasoline, paints, thinners, automobile oil
- Explosives – live ammunition, gun powder, fireworks
- Combustibles – aerosol cans, bottled gas, propane bar-b-que tanks (purged or otherwise)
- Corrosives – Drain-O, various types of batteries
- Cleaning fluids and detergents
- Open containers of liquids
- Canned goods or other liquid items (during winter months)
- Plants and perishable foods
- Personal items of high value, or items not easily replaced, should travel with you:
- Last three years of Income Tax Returns (to close on a new home)
- Birth Certificates and Shot Records (to enroll children in school)
- Stocks, Bonds and High Value Jewelry
- Plane Tickets and Passports
- Remove CD’s, tapes, ect…from stereo equipment
- Lock CD player (if required)
- Remove disks from computers
- Remove ink cartridges from printers
- Make back-up copies of important files
- Make manufacturer’s cartons available on the start day to pack into.
Before the driver leaves, please make sure to do a final walk through of your home. Check the dishwasher and all cupboards (don’t forget the “special occasion” cupboards or cabinets, crawl space, attic, storage shed)
This page was last updated on Tuesday, September 15th, 2009